You know, if you mispronounce that just right, it sounds like it could be one of Ryu's attacks in Street Fighter II Turbo. You know what I'm talking about, sports fans. Those nasty little energy balls that Chun Li couldn't helicopter her way over? That was totally ridiculous.
So a lot has happened in the past few weeks. Nailed down a week for Er to move down, which is entirely pleasing and a load off. Shortly after Easter, she'll take a few days to drive down. This means that she'll arrive probably on a Friday, and we'll take stock of furniture and unpack and that sort of thing then. This really is a bit of a relief. A few more weeks—not much longer than that—and we'll finally have a life together to live.
I spent part of yesterday at work, having decided that I wasn't being productive enough. I also took a couple hours off Friday to take care of apartment things (security deposit and all), and so I needed to make up the time. It was a good idea, since I managed to correct all the ballistics stuff I needed to correct in the four hours I was there. Ryan was there for a few hours, too, which means I probably got all my work done in about a normal two hour period.
Today was church—another long-winded sermon that could've been condensed and put straighter to the point—and a fairly small amount of work at making some lentil soup. Which, by the way, is AWESOME. Probably not nearly as good as the pumpkin pies we made in October, but the soup really did turn out well. And since they're lentils, they take a lot less time to cook than the navy beans Mom used.
I also started Knife of Dreams, the latest in Robert Jordan's already-too-long epic Wheel of Time drama. I hope he brings it to a conclusion soon. Honestly, his inability to get to the point reminds me of the pastor's.
Other than that, not much else to report. I'll be in PA this coming weekend for a gym rotation—a conflagration of sparring talent not seen since my first day at Amkor (which I quickly departed to be with Master Comito). I sprinted some at work yesterday and realized that the impact would probably shatter my lumbar vertebrae. So it's time to stretch out a LOT more than I have been. It's becoming a necessity more than an easy way to feed my brain endorphins.
On other fronts, I shall probably attempt to start working on a real plugin-based architecture, just to see if I can figure out how they work and what needs to happen to load them dynamically and in real-time. It should be exciting. Or something.
Until then, I remain most splendidly yours,
tiny e
1 comment:
*giggles* :)
Post a Comment