Yeah, so it's been a little snowy and icy lately. Monday was a snow day, though I was able to work from home all day. Today, the power is out, or at least the Internet, so I'm at home—safe, sound, and answering the occasional work-related email.
It's been a beautiful week, although I confess a fairly dangerous one as far as it goes. We've been grateful for the neighbor's snow blower, which saved me and my back a solid four or five hours of work on Monday's eight-inch celestial dump; I used it to move a literal metric ton of snow from my parents' deck yesterday instead.
| Salvation by John Deere |
This is basically what I had always hoped for in the chair L had gotten me: some work, reading, listening to podcasts / news. She brought a few dumplings up for a small lunch.
Today's activities have mostly involved email and some photo development—the latter mainly to see about putting the new computer through its paces. It worked out pretty well, and I'm pleased to say that the newer applications are great.
I can't say enough that spending six years with a Netbook was a great way to learn how to program efficiently...but it sure is nice to be able to enjoy the inefficient work of others. I finally have a program that handles podcasts appropriately that will run without taking forever!
The ice was neat and occasioned a bit of walking around today, in the rain.





No comments:
Post a Comment