While the unexpected snow caused a lot of troubles around here—downed branches all over, some broken trees, and minimally a bit of wet-heavy-snow-shoveling—it made for one of the most beautiful falls I've seen in awhile. Getting snow while the leaves are still turning is a rare occurrence, and I really, really enjoyed it a lot.
My trip home on Monday was a revelation after another...just a beautiful world we live in. I figured I'd take the opportunity to stitch together a panoramic image out the front door:
The geometric corrections aren't entirely correct, if you take my meaning, but such a nice view was hard to deny.
Out the back the day before:
I'm an autumnal person; I've always liked fall more than any other season, although I try (usually successfully) to enjoy each season for what it offers. This weather really made fall for me this year. The past couple years, it seems like it's over in the blink of an eye: the leaves have fallen by the time the color has changed, and I couldn't settle into the transition.
But this was pretty special. A lot of good things. We spent Sunday with the folks at the Rembrandt exhibit (where I found out that all the picture taking has apparently helped me notice some pertinent features of painting after all). L drove to their place to let me shoot around a bit from the car:
Just a really gorgeous set of days. It's been a long time since I remember enjoying fall so much...and the snow only made it better. What a lovely, lovely season this has been.


No comments:
Post a Comment