Monday, January 14, 2008

Brik-a-brac

I forgot a couple things. First, in case you were wondering how "natch" entered my vocabulary:


Second, I got invited to go to the UK with K (a different one than usual) and her BFF Jill and evidently someone else:



I thought going would be fun, so I said yes. Originally I was supposed to be a bodyguard in Thailand, but the destination didn't work out. So instead I'll be a dumb American tourist.

Third, the situation in Kenya is calming down, though approximately 500 people were killed and 250,000 were displaced. The country is more stable now, but the unrest has hurt the economy considerably, I think.

The word from my relatives is that AIM has relaxed travel restrictions for incoming missionaries. My marketer friends say that they've basically gone a month or so without working, so they're feeling the pinch even more than usual. I haven't gotten any real word on whether or not the places I visited are still in one piece, but I know some of them have been looted.

12 comments:

Tim said...

Did you know that Garfield gets a LOT funnier if you take away his thought bubbles?

Char said...

Why did you post a commercial on your blog? You don't have the readership to be sponsored.

So where in the UK do you get to be dumb (or are you purposefully keeping this a secret for reasons patently obvious to me)? Are you going to studiously avoid anything great like you apparently have in the past?

Some of those cartoons are pretty funny in an absurdist way. Cool.

Char said...

Also shouldn't it be bric-a-brac?

Char said...

You didn't say where you were going. I guess I have to infer.


Sigh. I am dispirited-probably because I am tired and lack the energy for anything else.

Char said...

Is I don't know code for the place I don't know kind of rhymes with? Sure I'll go with you. You're still going to stuff me in your suitcase right? Ha.

I had just gotten up when I sent that comment. Working nights and all that.

The word thingy is lacfuc. This is when all my dad's predictions of things going horribly wrong while dyeing come true.

Char said...

No it was code for would you really stuff me in your suitcase so I could wreak havoc in the cargo hold.

Will you get a kilt if we go there? You know when in Rome and all that.

Why would this be a danger? I have somewhat portable skills-there are bums to be wiped all over the world.

Char said...

FINE THEN. I will sit with everyone else. I am not taking any free candies or anything else from you however.

You realize kilts are like 8 feet long so you'll be writing for awhile. You have to try it on before you buy it.

Oh don't worry. Mama is the only one who would miss me and she doesn't know where you live.

Char said...

You were the one who suggested putting me under during the plane ride. I don't know why since I am so perfectly wonderful.

You weren't entirely kidding about sedation or travelling?

I don't wanna be sedated.

Char said...

Man I always behave. You won't even know I'm there.

Pffft.

I should really go to bed.

Char said...

Of course I do. Why, do you sleep standing up?

Char said...

You bring these things on yourself you know.

Sydira said...

MOM!! I wanna go! I'll be oh so good and oh so quiet and my passport was just renewed and Everything! I'll even bring my sega gamegear since my mom swears that it was the only thing that kept my sister and I from killing each other the last time we were all in europe. Just change the 8 batteries for some fresh ones every 4 hours and you're good to go.

Since I'm packing to move into the house anyway I'm not kidding when I say I could be packed to go in an hour.