The Buckeyes had no problem putting away Head Coach Jim Tressel's old team from Youngstown. No ranked Division 1-a squad should ever have a problem with a Division 1-aa team.
That was pretty low, and I guess I am ashamed to be in the Big Ten now, and after the dust settles, everyone else will be too. MotSaG's discussion of the game is probably the best we'll get for awhile, at least until Keith from BuckeyeCommentary gets his electron pencil out.
I got Michelle Tumes' self-titled this week. It was worth it. There are a couple of songs I could probably live without, but on the whole it's very well done. It is quite fortunately not a CD built around singles, and I was really glad that Lovely Day wasn't the best track on the disc (even though it did save me from having a Newsboys song as a SotW).
I also got Mutemath's self-titled. It's not as good, but has a healthy mix of ambient driving music and rockin driving music. Nevertheless, I guess I'm a little disappointed. I like the record, but I'm not sure it deserves all the hype. The Typical video is really cool (they really learned everything backwards). But the writing is pretty sophomoric.
What else happened? Well, work was insane. I haven't been this busy at work since I started there. I had a couple ten-hour days and another nine. It actually caused me to be late to teaching on Thursday, which really made me pretty upset.
The good news is that the week ended on a positive note—we're doing fantasy football as a group this year, thanks to M, and we had a draft Friday. The trash talking has already started. It's pro ball, though, about which I know nothing. I haven't been into fantasy sports since my days at OIT, when I would play fantasy hockey with a few folks there. Dr Jones and his kings of rhythm...ahhh, the good old days.
Yesterday was a trip to Welkinweir, an estate north of us a little ways. Mom wanted to go, and I figured it was a good way to break in my new 2GB card. Unfortunately, allergy season has started, and there were lots of gnats ready to chew on us, so it wasn't as pleasant as it could've been, but there were some pretty vistas. And I found YET ANOTHER PIECE OF DUST lurking somewhere on my sensor, I think. It's definitely not bothering me.
I've been storing up writing for the Africa trip, so that's why these entries are so boring lately. Sorry if I haven't filled your entertainment quotient for the month.
Addendum I also played and finally beat K at Carcassonne. And Brian's MGoBlog has possibly the best response in the world to yesterday's Michigan Meltdown. Don't miss it!
No comments:
Post a Comment