Monday, July 16, 2007

Today...

... I saw a sparrow so close I could distinguish the pupil from the iris. I took about 150 pictures. I have to clean them up since they're taken through a window.

I bet that sparrow has a blog, and the entry starts off with, "Today I saw a two-leg up close and personal. It had an ugly face with strange hair. It had a big black eye that it could remove at will...."

6 comments:

Char said...

The birdy is obviously pondering the implications of the human's need to capture everything, be it on film or in a cage, in order to exert control over it. And he pities them in their inability to understand the beauty of true freedom.

Or he's all "where's some food?"

I'm thinking the latter is more likely.

I don't know how to remove glass glare with the program you have. I would likely paint it out or use my favorite replace colour feature or something similar. I don't know how well it would turn out, but since you took 150 pictures, surely you can try a few different things.

It's still eminently amusing that you seem to be under the impression that my brother is a normal reasonable person who would care how much it cost us to keep his dog. ah hahah that's going to keep me laughing for awhile.

Char said...

Well at least wee birdy was not attacking your window. There were two crows doing this at the Lodge about a month ago; they'd thwack into the window, shake themselves off and go at it again. They must have been at it for a week. One of the nurses was actually out there with a stick trying to destroy their nest after awhile. Ah crows. It's scary that they are smarter than the town employees trying to deal with them.

Good luck with altering your photos. You know you really need a tablet and proper software.

People are always giving me advice about dealing with my relatives that is funny and cute, because they start with the naive assumption that my family members behave like normal people. Awww.

Char said...

Well as long as it isn't that hideous yellow colour I don't see anything wrong with your jacket. It's a plain jacket, it's not going to be screaming fashion victim or any such thing in a few years, and if you like being out when celestial beings are pissing on everyone's heads, you might as well be protected.

Char said...

Man thunder is from number two.

Actually I think thunder storms are pretty awesome. It's the drizzly pissy rain which never stops that is depressing.

Char said...

Oh yeah a dust mask would be great...IF I COULD USE ONE.

As a wearer of glasses I can stand a mask of any type for about five seconds and then it gets thrown aside so that I am actually able to see. They are completely useless to me.

I didn't say sanding was difficult, it's just messy and disgusting.

What you couldn't wait for clinjas for your avatar? I am still going to do that you know, just later, if any of my art junk survives being outside as it has been for the last two weeks.

Char said...

Well it's good that you are aware of your own shortcomings. :-P

You know you can't bring food into most countries. I've probably told this story, but when my brother traveled to Australia one of the girls he was with had the security dogs go wild on her luggage. They all thought she was about to be caught with drugs, but it turned out the dogs had detected a pineapple she was trying to bring in from Hawaii.

And she did get in trouble.

I knew you would figure something out for your pictures besides painting.

Illdoh sounds to me like the clinical term for people who experience sickness when confronted with Homer Simpson like stupidity.