Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Whatever Things are Just

Finally finished work on the Elegy tonight. Layer masks are my new-found obsession. And here you thought that was a fool Calvin Klein fragrance.


The blue text actually isn't really blue per se. I used a layer mask to color the leaves (and dilute the background), but I wanted to lend a bit more hope to the image. So I used a layer mask with the text as paint to cut through to the original image. So the color, outside of the leaves, is really the background poking through: blue skies and trees.

Also, please recall that it's metered. I'm not very good at rhyme (or meter, for that matter), so I tried to take advantage of assonance (perhaps not what you think :-P) and consonance in the couplets and within if possible. There are elements of this that are very old—I was looking through some old stuff and realized I had used some of the phrases a long time ago.

Anyway, this is, in my opinion, a significantly better job than the Eulogy.


(PS—it's embarrassing how long this took considering how easy it is to do once you know how.)

1 comment:

Char said...

Perhaps it's just my monitor, but the shadows over the text make it unreadable. It looks quite nice-cool and textural-otherwise.

Half the fun of photography is the altering process.