So I got the cards and the filter on Saturday, and I've been testing out the camera some in the past couple days. The site is in relative flux, but you can look at some of the test photos at my Nikon test page if you're interested. I will take some more at karate tonight to see if I can figure a few more things out.
The pictures on the site are all taken at ISO 800 and show no real graininess, which is impressive. (The Sony goes up to ISO 400, so I haven't had much opportunity to take higher-speed photography.) The bunny is my one and only stuffed animal and has a long history; perhaps I'll tell it sometime, but the fun part of the story is that I thought I could make him come alive by pulling out his fur. That particular one is part of a series I'm trying to work on to illustrate a poem, actually. We'll see how that goes.
Mother should have been home already, and I'm not sure why she isn't. Probably afraid that we ruined the house in her absence or something.
In any case, enjoy the shots. More will be coming. I'd like to revamp my pictures site sometime when I have the time to do it.
Quick Edit I took some 300 shots at karate last night; the lighting was bad, but I managed to salvage a few decent action shots from them. A few are up at my karate shots page.
8 comments:
Howdy. This has nothing to do w/ your pictures, although they are pretty and I'm jealous. My camera is a simple point-and-click thingy. Maybe when I'm not so tied down to grad school...
Anyways, just wanted to express my gratitude for your link. I have returned the favor!
I don't like you for so, so many reasons.
I guess you heard why Mom was late. At least I got on a plane before 8pm, which was the flight they originally told me they could get me on.
Don't miss me too much... even tho I didnt' see you at all last weekend... :-P
btw, Bunny is now my desktop background. Hehe. I like that one and the last picture the best, the one that shows a little depth of field. Very cool.
Must keep Ethan happy or else he will kick my ass. I can only assume these pictures are a threat of a similar nature.
I like the picture of the dogs because the one is obviously thinking 'if it weren't for this fence we would so chew your face off, and your brains would taste excellent with mustard.'
Seriously the camera picks up wonderful detail in the snow, especially for a sunny day. My mama lost our digital camera for the second time so I can't even say yours is better than mine. :-/
If your aunt ever did want to actually foray into mail art, I'd be happy to do a trade with her.
As for your grandma, you are fortunate to have grown up in a Godly family. I always thought that would have been interesting, one doesn't have had to learn everything the hard way.
Okay so you prove you are not a female or an impersonator thereof (previous lumberjack refs notwithstanding). What of it?
Think of the necessity for colletions of shoes as a metaphor for the trinity and take an Orthodox view-simply accept that women always need a new pair of shoes. Don't ask why.
You'll just hurt your brain.
btw, Char is totally right about girls and their shoes. Bwa ha ha...
ahh are thousand milers practical shoes? If so they would indeed last forever because I'd never wear them. :-p
Oh wait are you talking about socks? (I just googled it)
This is a bizarre conversation.
Post a Comment