So it is about twenty minutes before kickoff, and I have been antsy all week. I wasted great amounts of hours at work waiting for the Game (The Game—note the two uppercase letters—is only against M*ch*g*n, and while this is a big game, I will be probably triply pumped up for the latter). Stupid statistic: until last Saturday, Teddy Ginn had never scored a touchdown as a Buckeye of less than 45 yards. (For the more advanced among us, that's 41.148 meters. I cannot help but direct you to Strange Units of Measurement with that last comment. Hobo Power is great, and the Warhol, too.)
In retrospect, the week was shorter than normal because of the Labo(u)r Day holiday, on which I did little work. The rest of the week was mostly consumed like Keith's, at Buckeye Commentary, who spent his time reading USAToday and breaking the game down. I am not as talented at breaking down games as he is.
We had Monday off karate, so I ended up going Thursday to do a bit of working out and teaching, and the same on Friday. Fridays are at MC's (not a rapper, really) charter school as an afterschool program, and so we have our hands full with about 70 kids. Sometimes they're good, but this is fairly rare. Discipline is difficult with a group that large, but we manage. S does a good job with kids (me, not so much) because he is a big kid (whereas I am simply weird).
Those Geico commercials have to stop.
Today was a trip to the gym to learn some weight exercises for my ankle and hamstring. I am pondering joining, which is a year commitment at some dollars per month. I'm not super thrilled about the idea, but he says it'll help me move like when I was 18, which really wasn't that long ago. But after the big 2-5, the body starts to fall apart without proper maintenance. So it's time.
I've started reading Eusebius, and I highly recommend him. Not always accurate, we understand, but nonetheless adds some very interesting flesh to the history of the church.
Game's on. I am not going to be able to type for awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment