Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Tired

I am beat. The past couple weeks have been rather draining. Now that I'm back to teaching karate, I spend some days out from 7:30-10 or so. I slept in some today, but I think the lack of sleep combined with some rather "interesting" chicken purchased from a local grocery left me feeling somewhat pukey and I had to leave work about 45 minutes early today.

A little nap and some pork later, I feel somewhat better, though I am still rather tired.


Er took me to get a straight-razor shave last night; I think I lost about 12 years of skin off my face. The guy asked me if I wanted a "comfortable" or "close" shave—and I think he was using the exclusive or. Other than that, though, it was pretty interesting. Hot towels, cold towels, thin lather, and a slow shave. My neck hair grows in a few different directions, so it usually takes me about five passes—he didn't use that many, but my neck was rather raw afterward.

Work has been going well. The guys are fun, and the work so far has been rather unstressful. I am responsible mostly for building software and doing some rather elementary customer support. Sometime I may be able to write something in my Tech Musings again, provided that I get a couple nights off (Er's working tonight—otherwise you'd be reading a blanker entry than you see here).

This blog is likely to start evincing its Title once again; which is okay by me. It means life is good.

No comments: