Friday, October 14, 2005

Welcome To Dayton, OH

As you may have guessed, I am in Dayton. Using a borrowed computer (thanks, Jason). Kim and Derek are getting married tomorrow; having discharged my extremely limited responsibilities to the couple, I have returned to my hotel to recoup from 7the early hour this morning. (My flight took off from Orlando at 7 AM, so I was up around 5.)

The day has been fairly relaxed, actually, involving mostly vegging. I haven't really had time for TV in awhile, though I do occasionally sit out with Eric and company and read. My housemates tend to like CMT and sports, so it's not much of the movies I've had a chance to see today. No big deal, though, since work has kept me fairly busy.


Speaking of which, I have "graduated" into my "real job." To this point I've been mostly doing system testing and correcting minor bugs in the software. So minor, in fact, that I'm embarrassed about how long it took.

It turns out that I'm to begin applying my graphics experience immediately. Though my research was mostly in image processing, I'll be doing some animation work with one of the other recent hires. It's kind of exciting--I'll be buying a few books soon, I think.

I honestly didn't expect to do much work in graphics, so it's nice to know that my education will be used for something. Interestingly enough, one of the problems that one of my co-workers was trying to solve is what I did some research in. (It turns out the former solution was hard-coded, not derived algorithmically.)


Spending time in Dayton has made me miss Er a lot. It would've been very nice to be able to spend time together this weekend. Dayton is not exactly the hotspot of civilization, nor an exotic vacation spot. But it would be very nice to spend some quality time together this weekend.

Another two weeks, and I will no longer remain electronically yours,

E

No comments: