Right back atcha.
The past few days have taken me somewhat far afield. I returned from Florida a week ago today after completing my mission to find a place to live. I did, and acquainted myself with what appear to be some very cool roommates. That was pleasing. I rented a car to get myself around, and found that a PT Cruiser, while somewhat fun to drive, does not have a very good layout at all. The window controls are on the front console. The faux-stick shift is kind of fun, though.
I also got my PA license plates, finally, having jumped through several hoops over the past couple weeks. Just in time to get me legal enough to drive to Florida! Woo hoo. That'll cost me some more money. Moving with a car is expensive. But at least I'm getting reasonably good gas mileage--31 city this past fillup, believe it or not. On my drive back from Columbus last time, I think I made about 38.
In better news, my thesis has been accepted, so I guess that means I officially have a Master's degree. I could have rewritten it a couple more times, I think, but I'm fairly happy that it's over with. We're still chatting about putting a paper together, and hopefully that can happen, too. I'm not overzealous to be published, but it's nice to have your work accepted somewhere, and I think the editing process would be somewhat harsher--so it's likely that I'd actually get more intelligent feedback. That's always exciting.
I'm hoping to have something about my research online (including a copy of my thesis in PDF) sometime soon, though I don't know when I'll get to it. Karate and reading and other things have been keeping me busy, and I'll have to add packing to that list.
Dad got his new laptop a couple days ago, too, so we've been busily attempting to set that up and get him squared away before I go. It'll save big E a couple headaches, I think, and it's good for me to know this stuff, too.
Speaking of laptops, I'm hoping to buy one when I get to Florida. I have the feeling that my living space will be somewhat cramped, so I'll need to have a bit more room around myself...and this computer I've been using will serve very nicely as a server / firewall for the other guys, who, I think, do not have as much computer skillz (read: skizills) as I do.
I believe that's most of the news. And, since Ericka wants to see me, I am going to leave, having been most devotedly yours,
E
1 comment:
What kind of notebook computer are you going to buy? I just went through a fairly exhaustive notebook search with my brother Carl -- he ended up buying an HP/Compaq nc6230. It's pretty much a no-frills business machine, but it's sturdy, relatively light, and has a good keyboard.
Post a Comment