Greetings from North Carolina! I am overnighting at erin's, a girl of college years in the German House. It's 400 of the 1000 miles from Philly to Orlando, and so represents a decent place to stop and veg.
The drive is very pretty. if you haven't made it before, I highly recommend it. Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina are beautiful states, and you'd be losing out on a good opportunity if you like scenery. Seriously, take some vacation time and do yourself a favor.
In any case, it was a good drive. Pretty fast, once you get past Washington; 95 is fairly populated during the entire day. (I'll never forget taking Loren to the airport in Baltimore and almost getting stuck in traffic at three in the morning.)
Catching up with Erin has been good, too; going through some of the old memories has been a bit funny and produced a few good laughs.
I guess I am feeling okay about the move, though it may have something to do with the massive amounts of caffeine I have consumed today. My day started fairly late; woke up about nine, did some extra packing, ate some food, and said goodbye to Mom and Aunt Donna. The dog earned no extra affection today. I'm sure that when I come visit later she may have moved a few feet.
Ericka's teaching conference is proceeding fairly well, meaning that she is only bored, not dead. The other teachers are very friendly, but the material is extremely boring and irrelevant. And her insane schedule has made her fairly tired, and it's just catching up with her...so she goes to bed at like 9:30. (Like I should be doing.)
I spent the evening making reservations for a hotel room in Dayton (congrats to Kim and Derek for getting married) and doing some insurance work for Cubic. I have a few questions about some of the terms and what options to check, but it's mostly very straightforward.
I foresee heat and growth in the future. Back later, but until then I must remain most devotedly yours,
E
No comments:
Post a Comment