Delay between posts isn't purposeful, really—more a consequence of the busy-ness of life and the inevitable fluctuations in personal identity that have attended the past several months. Sampling a curve at its peaks and valleys often obscures the trend of development, and I suspect that would be the case for me here, too.
Truthfully, this entry is really an admission that I probably owe whatever readers I have something—and it's not as though I've been sitting on my thumbs for the past couple of months.
But time is hard to come by, and in some cases the motivation to write as well. Faced with the possibility of a move and new job, another uprooting and reimagined life, well...words can be tough to put to it.
That said, a brief recap since States would include trips to visit the neighbors (one for their daughter's first birthday—a little early since it falls on B's annual hunting trip), excitement over OSU's new season, a family gathering at the crypto museum, a couple of karate seminars, visits with the still-new niece, a ships-passing-in-the-night experience with a potential new job, resume editing, writing up some programs for stock market analysis, watching some Dr. Who and So You Think You Can Dance, a cold, reading through The Space Trilogy by Lewis (and starting my annual trek through Chronicles of Narnia).
I have pictures, but they live on a hard drive that's not connected to this machine at present. I suppose someday I'll get back to my year in review—but I won't be starting today. Speaking of which, it might even make sense to start writing the Christmas letter...I'm getting into the spirit of it a little late this year, I guess.
1 comment:
mem when are you goin to write stuph?
Post a Comment