Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ruining a Friendship

A few years ago, my best friend from college—really one of my best friends in the whole world—came to visit.  I took him to a local place for some food; it's an order-and-pay, then eat establishment.  As was (and is) our wont, we started arguing about who would cover the cost.  Evidently it escalated a bit beyond reason, since the owner came to the front to hear us heckle each other and the cashier a bit.

Finally he said, "You're going to ruin a friendship here," and the owner snatched his card and said, "Then he pays."  We had a good laugh about it.

The owner brought us our food a few minutes later, handed me my dinner and asked if I had ever eaten it before.  I replied with an affirmative, and he said, "Okay, so you know."

Chicken cheesesteak with garlic and spinach.

Man that's some good eating.  Had it on Sunday for lunch, and really enjoyed it then, too.

Also saw Mr Wrinkles there (an old guy) wearing this awesome hat:

No comments: