So events:
- Ohio State won the Sugar Bowl in a game dominated by the Tat 5, both physically and morally. I'm still up in the air about how I feel.
- I finally received my Nikon D7000.
- Dinner with S & N.
- Planned dinner with K^3.
- Photo outing this weekend.
- Karate moving to another building.
It's been busier than that, but it's the general gist.
Dinner with S&N was the first time L and I had been with them as a married couple, and it was fun to see them interact. They really are good together, and I'm pretty thrilled for them. N had our 9th grade class photo out—that was a blast from the past, and super scary.
The d7000 has been fun. At some point I'll put some more comments, though likely in my photography blog.
K^3 have been really busy, so L and I will make them some curry and go visit. We've missed seeing them. The stresses of their finances and other situations have been hard on them, I think.
We've basically been told by our lessor that we need to move from our present location. The good news is that we'll get space that's our own, and that we can finally put mats down and mirrors up. Working in a martial arts environment without those things is pretty difficult, and it makes instruction pretty hard. The bad news is that it's less space and needs some TLC. Shocking but true facts.
Last but not least, the first photo outing is finally happening, after several months' preparation and anticipation. Mostly everyone is going, which is exciting. I'm looking forward to having some new techniques and thoughts.
At some point I hope to put together a year in review, at least in pictures...but I don't have the year's photos with me, and there's more yet to do.
2 comments:
Hey look, I found your blog again. Remember when you, Char and I used to comment back and forth? If only I had things to blog about again...
What, you have your girl.
Post a Comment