My back is sore from shoveling out of the foot-plus of snow that covered the folks' drive. It was a productive way to procrastinate, I must admit. A lot of work, but kind of nice to get sweaty and enjoy the weather. My hands are rarely pillars of heat, but when I got in from the shoveling, I found them pulsing out warmth like some sort of miniature space heater.
It was a hectic January—several 50- to 60-hour weeks at work, with the usual load of teaching and other responsibilities. Last week I hit 40 hours on Wednesday thanks to an 11-hour day on Sunday. That includes a second walk through the new house. Speaking of which, I'm now the proud owner of a mortgage payment. We'll see how fast I can get through it. Sounds like the Theologica Throw Down can begin as soon as I'm moved in. Which probably won't be for a month or so, given the fact I haven't even started packing.
I haven't been up to much outside of house-related things, teaching, training (I am going to nail the jump spinning back kick through three boards—the one gimme break I have), work, and naturally visiting L when we have time. She's studying for another examination, and the snow this weekend kept her home. (Hence the time on a Sunday to get things done.)
And now L's calling, so time to wrap up; here are the pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment