I can embed one video here:
The fight is actually not as bad on the video as it felt in person, though I was pretty thoroughly schooled. The good news is that the side kicks were actually getting up faster than I thought they were. Front kicks would've been more effective and probably given me some faster back leg options than I had. There were a number of clashes that could've gone either way—I was favored once or twice, and he was favored once or twice. The contact call was pretty incidental, and I was actually hit a couple times in the face earlier in the match.
I was still really, really slow by comparison. The dude moved like you wouldn't believe in other fights.
This is also a video I can share:
The kid is insane. What he's doing here is more basic baton than it is real martial art (I mean, throwing the staff...really? And the silver is just repulsive). That said, he is insanely talented. This is the second performance; the first time he dropped the staff, snapped his fingers, bowed, and exited the stage prior to finishing. The crowd chanted his name after applauding for every act that followed; so they finally got him back on stage. It was pretty fantastic.
I do have some other videos password protected on Vimeo; email me if you want the link and password; but we're doing our best to avoid being scouted and having people steal the form, so we're trying to keep it off the unprotected interwebs.
No comments:
Post a Comment