Saturday, March 28, 2009

Quarterly Update

I'm stealing a few minutes while L is freshening up. This will be short.


It's been a busy few months, and this month in particular as we've managed the release of two products in a week at work. This followed a period of several weeks when I was tournamenting at the second annual Pinnacle tournament (pictures here) followed by Dad's birthday, followed by Nerdfest Redux and my baptism.

The tournament felt more disjointed than last year, seeing as how we had a much longer day and the competition was somewhat more broken up. I placed in open form, weapons, fighting, and team fighting. There's not much to read in here, except the fighting was a surprise—the competition was tall and I am not.

Dad's birthday was pretty fantastic, and a landmark year. We kids got him a telescope (an 8" Dobsonian reflector). We have a few accoutrements to attach to it that will be a little while coming, like a chair to make viewing more comfortable and a dolly to move it around. It's a sizable piece:



E and I also tore out some of the ceiling above Mom and Dad's bathroom in order to clear out some moldy drywall. E put in the new sheet rock the following morning.

Nerdfest Redux was a lot of fun, though missing R's brother. We played DUCK HUNT, and it was awesome:



I got schooled in all the games we played. It was good to see people again, though, and I enjoyed taking some pictures with my ultra-awesome and -contrasty 50mm prime.


The baptism was well overdue and not over produced. Just a nice ceremony with friends and family in attendance.

It's time to head out. Until next quarter.

1 comment:

Char said...

I see NO pictures of baptism just things I DON'T CARE ABOUT.

CORRECT.