Posting has been irregular mostly due to lack of interest and lack of life. You heard it here first. I have no life.
The past week was rather boring, and today has not been much different. I spent part of the week ill; not surprisingly, it's been going around...and the bacteria factories I teach probably contributed some to my poor feelings. I took last Wednesday off, though I was working from home to try to finish up some work. This mostly didn't happen—while I got work done, I wasn't able to actually finish.
We went out to lunch at work on Friday, and I was so tired I almost fell asleep several times. I could've slept forever. I made it until about 11:30 on Saturday. I'm still in need of pretty significant shuteye. I'm probably going to go to bed early for awhile trying to kick the last of this persistent nemesis.
Mondays have consisted of practicing the climb for a demonstration to some cub scouts, and it just hasn't been happening. I had to switch off because I think I would've torn a muscle and perhaps permanently ruined my future. That's a slight exaggeration, but I was certainly hurting and will switch to doing two other breaks I think—a double front and a ridgehand. It's actually really disappointing for me, and I hope that I won't lose it completely. This is happening a lot sooner than I expected, and it's a bit depressing.
One of the nice things about it, though is that I'm able to spend some time with quality people, one of whom is in my Bible Study. A humbling experience, but a good one. I'm hoping to turn it into something regular to get some additional practice work. I'm out of shape, and I'm weak. Of course, when you're coughing up righteous lugeys, it seems better to wait until I'm feeling better. But that's a big excuse, so I'll try to start tonight.
Oh, and Grandma sent me a little note with her annual review. She seeds my life with literary treasures. I keep them in various places, later to be opened up and read again.
No comments:
Post a Comment