Friday, November 23, 2007

The Giving in Pictures

We'll start with my favorite picture of the weekend, which is basically the Doof coining a new gang symbol:


You won't believe how much longer her pinky really is. If she had a brain, most of it would've come out her nose there.








The preceding pictures are all of the inside of the house. I did not really do a very good job of actually taking them, since I was interested in the tour and not pictures of the tour. But it's airy and spacious, with nice ceilings, a spot for storage, a deck (see below) and a patio at the bottom. While it's not a rancher with a picket fence, a dog, and two children, it's pretty nice. There are small areas of water damage and some things that need to be done with paint and so on—but on the whole much better than throwing away money every month.

The deck has an incredible view, also visible from the master bedroom:







The weather was beautiful, a healthy 70 degrees (it happened earlier than I expected) at one point with a nice breeze. The woods in back is supposedly a "preserve" that can't be developed. They said the leaves were outstanding. The doof caught me resting a bit and took some other photos, too. The wind blew a lot of leaves off the trees, and I got a couple nice photos of them falling.

All in all, I took 77 pictures. They're all online, including the blurry ones and the one of the doof spitting on me, at the usual site. Yeah, and the ones with the craptular white balance. I've got to work on fixing that—it's the one preset that really pretty much is terrible on the D40.

5 comments:

Carin said...

Thanks for that...love you too. :-P

mem said...

You owe me for spitting on me. So eat it.

Char said...

Wow she has problems with all the bodily fluids covered doesn't she.

See I knew you would like that song. And is it not all in the singing? Of course it is!

I would love to live near a preserve, no annoying people around to basically be annoying by virtue of living.

Don't you people have perogies, cabbage rolls and smokies at all holidays? What is wrong with non-Saskatchewanites?

The thingyword is dkserf, the new eau de cologne that recalls the scent of unwashed peasants with notes of leeks and manure.

Char said...

My mom also liked that album and it was the first one I heard. I never really cared for it. In fact it has always been one of my least favorites, and contains Friends, the worst song they ever recorded bar none.

this word is psyharc-the sound you make when you are trying really hard to stifle laughter at the psych patients because you know they are going to hit you if you don't.

Char said...

Yeah I was always rather chagrined about that. Especially since they created the monster that ate them.

That is the only reason I have for not wanting to leave Broadview. Space.

Of course we have them all the time. And more on holidays.

I only do the thingyword definition if I can think of something immediately.