Today is The Game. I am blogging before hand to spare anyone a torrent of foul language if we lose. I am nervous, and kickoff isn't for another two and a half hours.
This week was mostly spent in anticipation of the game. Work was less productive than I would've liked, despite the fact that I wasn't twiddling my thumbs much at all. Some unforseen complications with a previous fix consumed most of my week, though I was able to finish up a small custom project in the mean time.
I trained on Tuesday evening, which was nice. I haven't been in the gym on a Tuesday in awhile, and it was good to go in and finish Seishan. Word is that we're also going to have a tournament in March, which will be the first time I've competed since 1999's State Games. Hopefully I have acquired some craftiness with age that will offset my increasing brittleness. I expect I'll compete with J's form, which is wicked cool. In fact, I got goosebumps the first time I saw it.
Thursday and Friday were both teaching nights. I fought some yesterday, and my control was all over the place. I hit one guy twice, the first time removing a bit of his knuckle skin and the second a quick hit to the side. The second was just a random leg out there, not a purposeful throw, and that made it even worse. Then I accidentally hit his little brother in the nose. I just didn't have it last night, and that's disturbing. They were game for it, which was good, but I felt pretty bad.
Outside of work and roughly 24 random blog comments, that's the bulk of the week. I am going to go destinkify myself. Enjoy the best damn band in the land this week.
3 comments:
You made 24 random blog comments? Why were you plotting revenge on me then?
Haha my bad fight juju is working already...Oh wait you don't need to know about that. Ignore it, ignore it.
Did your team win the game?
What baby talk?
My employment of any type of juju is just another example of my resourcefulness.
It's better that you don't know.
Today's word is tzrtki, what results when a cop decides to decorate his non-lethal weaponry with a polynesian theme.
Post a Comment