Sunday, October 28, 2007

Whiteouts are Ineffective

Let me just say that I definitely didn't see that beatdown coming. I really expected somewhat stiffer resistance from a PSU team that had a pretty good defense statistically coming into the game. I think the jury is still out on the Bucks until the end of the season, but they were pretty dominant, even when stud linebacker Little Animal didn't show up for the game and was pretty clearly outclassed by Dan Conner.

That and a Flyers win, combined with a couple more pillaging levels in Ogre Battle, produced a very, very fine Saturday. The morning included a few hours doing some cleanup work at church and home (something I seem to be mocked for by certain parties), and the rest of the day was mostly spent relaxing. Like I intend to spend today.

This week was a fairly good week—after that blitz of work by Symbian and some other folks, we have calmed down some, and I will be able to consider improving the infrastructure of our testing suite and, hopefully, builds. We are looking at bringing someone else in, and that's definitely a good thing.

I took a lot of pictures last Saturday, and I'm hoping that I'll have a few to show off soon. I took a walk around a couple surrounding neighborhoods and got some shots of fall—though they weren't as nice as I would've liked. There are people, however, who throw shoes up onto the power lines. They're pretty comical, and I don't think anyone is going to get them down anytime soon.

E and A took off for Hawai'i this week, as she has been given the chance to be involved at a hospital on Oahu (or one of the other main islands) for something like ten days. E has deserved a vacation for a long time between real work and his other jobs, and I think he's probably glad to be there.

R came through with a couple Beatles' albums for me this week, too, and I got turds in the mail, too. So all in all, a busy week for the mailbox, too. And I am digging fall.

Today will see dinner (in about two minutes), some reading, and perhaps a nap. I will have clean skivvies for the coming week, also a plus, and hopefully will see more of the sun this week than last (though I did enjoy a cooler office).

4 comments:

separateunion said...

I actually haven't played a lot of Ogre Battle. I've dabbled around on the SNES version, and that's about it, but I do like it. D&D is something I'd love to get more into, but my schedule just does not allow for it.

Char said...

Pshh there were no actual turds and you know it.

No you don't take away from my productivity. Grandma on the other hand, does a pretty good job of it.

I was tempted to retort that you are about as flexible as a 200 year old piece of petrified pine, then I thought maybe that was too mean.

K'cheet on the crocs though! Why do I sleep in them? I wouldn't be caught in the Big Sleep wearing them.

Thanks for letting us know your underwear status.

separateunion said...

Dude, you will love the Wii. It is fantastic, especially if you have people to play with. Even just the sports game are a good time. I really want to try Zelda, but alas, I do not own a Wii nor can I afford one.

Char said...

I am sure this is a mystery deeper than those that govern the Burmuda triangle, but I still wonder how do people keep their minds from exploding over the intense dullness of video games? Puritan books are preferable to slog through.

K'cheet does not mean "I love you". Actually I am unsure whether the spelling is correct since I've only ever heard the word (usually when being yelled at by angry residents) rather than seen it, so that is phonetic.

I don't deny that praise songs may be terrible BTW. But praise songs can't be worse than "Little Church in the Wildwood". Find the gospel in that. I guess it's this dichotomy between hymns and praise songs that people frequently make that I find irritating, when it should be between doctrinally clear and robust songs and doctrinally weak and emesis inducing ones.