The folks and I went to a baptism Sunday, which was on the west dock, where K and I embarked on our little kayaking trip. It was considerably hotter yesterday (in the mid-90s), so it was a little less comfortable, I suppose, but we had a good time chatting with some friends and I managed to snag a few pictures:
I actually found out after the fact that I had some dust on the lens that was obscuring things. This is a double-plus-ungood situation, and I rectified it when I got back home and realized that it was a problem.
There was therefore a shortage of usable shots. I suppose I could've gimped them to fix it, but none of the pictures was really worth it. A few of the shots were nice, and I've put them all up above.
I also neglected to mention that we're probably going to have a new subcontractor at the studio in September. He seems like a really quality guy; he teaches Filipino martial arts (including stick fighting). I think we meshed pretty well, and he seemed very like-minded. Less about business, more about the art, and I like that.
His daughter might look to train with us, too, which would be another student, and D has some friends who just started also. (They're actually adult human beings!) This is a great thing, since it means that we may actually experience some growth this summer into the fall, which will probably be a first for this (anti-profit) organization.
Work, for whatever it's worth, is still there. I'm enjoying the environment, and also the prospect of two weeks off. I'm looking at a new project soon, working with C# (a fairly new language for me) and a telephony API. It shouldn't be a big deal, since I think we're just going to be modifying the back end interface code for a database. It should be muy interessante. The development will be remote, I think, in all likelihood. That should be interesting.
I may even get to play with Mono, a C# compiler for Linux.
With all this said, though, I think it's time for me to make like a baby and find something else to read. I ran through Hood like it was yesterday's newspaper, so I'm going to have to hunt for something else in the library.
4 comments:
you are soooooooo NOT cooler than the other side of the pillow!!!!!!!
If by "NOT cooler" you mean "COOLER," you are 100% right.
What's with those subtitles anyway? You should have
fighting the scourge of clinjas since 1981.
Or
Handing fools who use bad grammar their spleens since 1981.
Or
Remaining defiantly oblivious to pop culture since 1981.
Or
On the unsanctified anti-evangelist list of fundies since 1981.
Or...okay I could think of others, but you get the idea.
If I went anywhere I would have to take Grandma because I am now her own personal servant. I wish someone had've told me that beforehand.
Better would be
Wishing I was a girlie just like my dear mama since 1981.
Boy that FDR was messed up.
Post a Comment