The trip up north was amusing. Hopefully I'll have some time, maybe in the next few days, to have it delivered to you, or maybe I will staple it to you. Uh, sorry. I meant to say that I'll hopefully have some time to put up pictures and other things in the coming days.
Additional fish pics may be available, too, since I was over at J's last night taking some. And evidently getting the new one to eat (he hadn't much over the few days J's had him), and finding a stray one poaching on some baby fish. At the end of the day, he was all ready for me to run for President.
M is going to be coming into town Thursday, though, so don't get your hopes up for updates anytime soon. (Haha, right, I'm sure you were breathlessly anticipating my next literary moment.) I'm pretty jazzed, and I actually bought a frisbee for the occasion.
E and A also finally got a DVD of their wedding. I'm busily digitizing parts of it. I've been able to get a video of the 2-minute recap and credits (about 16MB, yikes) and my speech as best man (about 8MB). I'm going to add the vows and some MP3s as I'm able. The footage I've uploaded is still a bit grainy, constrained as I am by file size. I'll upload higher-quality ones if there's interest.
PS. I should warn you that the first link does drop the f-bomb. So if you're at work (or offended by such langauge) you may want to skip it. But it is pretty hilarious.
PPS. The vows are up (about 10 MB).
PPPS. The fish pictures are up (see page three onwards for new).
16 comments:
ALLEGED vortex.
Youtube is annoying. However if it didn't take so long to load I would spend half my life there. I was watching the CCCP episode of SCTV on there awhile ago.
Your voice sounds different than I would have thought. In case you ever wonder, mine is loud and obnoxious (this is probably not particularly surprising is it).
What are you talking about? My blog post was not ridiculous. Not at all. I had some pretty deep and profound things to say there.
If you've ever heard people from Quebec speak English, they sound much like Indians-which is to say SK people. I think there's probably some Michif influence (and there's some new fodder for your grammar studies).
owatinay youah.
Actually, excepting moments of lapsing into the rez accent, I used to think that everyone had the same accent as we did, because all the people on TV spoke just like us. I have never noticed that we sound particularly Minnisotan or North Dakotan (I am thinking of the way the characters in Fargo talked). But then to other people, maybe we do.
And when I was a kid I tried so very hard to sing like Greg X. I imagine there are still vestiges of that somewhere in the caterwauling that I do on a regular basis.
I do hope you listened to some Run-DMC while you were composing that comment. A Run-DMC song for every rev reference-I have been singing It's Tricky, that's a good one.
You know you never really acknowledged whether you got that joke or not. Does that mean you didn't?
I have a week off work, so ha.
Well unless I get called in of course.
When DJ Run became a Christian he apparently got an ordination from the Crackerjack Box of Divinity, and changed his tag to Rev Run. So every time I see the salutation Rev, I think of Run-DMC.
Nobody gets my obscure references. *whinewhine* Well I guess I should give you credit for the hockey discussion, as you seemed to have something of an idea of what I was on about.
The week off is just the way my rotation works. The position I'm in is only part time, though I usually pick up a few shifts in between the scheduled ones.
Enjoy your day at work and I'll enjoy some more Run-DMC, since I just had to go and rebuy all those songs on itunes.
Wow you just pretend to know things? That would require so much less effort than actually studying and learning them. As someone who thought I was the laziest person on earth, I gotta say I'm impressed.
Also you must be pretty talented in that department.
I don't know whether I should believe you about going to school with people who liked dcTalk now. Are these people you just pretend to know?
Oh wait
I just realized maybe you actually went to school with more than two other Christians. Weirdnicity.
Just about everyone in my school hated Petra too-but I forced them to listen, mwahaha. Then I'd question their salvation.
BTW, your link was SO not as awesome as My Adidas. I mean come ON.
It was funny though. But only because it was not awesome.
Broadview could indeed fit in your school twice. However if we included the reserves that surround it, then it wouldn't.
People have often made the point that Broadview was the only major railway division point that never grew into a substantial community. This is because Broadview unfortunately comes along with Broadview people. Some of them would not qualify for junior high school either.
Actually when I was young the town was much larger, but the anti-competition attitude of key families effectively killed it. Yeah enough about Broadview people.
You've never read War and Peace? Philistine.
Okay neither have I. I did read Anna Karenina though, so that should count for something. Happy families are all happy alike.
I cannot imagine going to a Christian school. No wonder I have such a hard time with Christian subculture.
Yes yes the link was funny, and white people rapping is usually funny. Well Eminem is actually pretty good at it.
In our public school, we said the Lord's Prayer every day and God Save the Queen on Fridays because that was what Mrs. Lovequist insisted upon. I totally miss the wonderful mass of quirkiness that was Mrs. Lovequist.
Christian subculture is just bizarre to me. It seems to be so much do not handle, do not taste, do not touch. The mind boggles with all the rules, especially because they are totally foreign to me and I usually step right in it when I'm with other Christians-who all get it of course.
I did at one time want to go to a Christian school, because I foolishly thought there would be other people like me there. One of my friends did go there and he told me that the dorm heads monitor the music you listen to and only allow what they find acceptable. Also that most people send their kids to the Christian school because they are little baduns and need to be "straightened out". At this point I was glad that God did not have going to a Christian school in his plans for me. The music thing alone would have gotten me kicked out.
Remove the Charley Patton from my cold dead ipod.
Since your sister likes my shoes, maybe she is not so liberal that she is beyond hope.
Those slaves haven't arrived yet so maybe I'll have to get used to her. Eh sister, carin, what do you think of getting up at five in the mornings to wash bums?
So you mean to say you're off having a life. I should really get myself one of those some of these days. Of course that would require leaving Bumble, and probably getting a complete personality transplant. Bah.
I'd like to know what your friend thinks of Regina-especially can he distinguish the smells?
In regards to Christian schools think I would have found myself on the "bad for the sake of sticking it to the man" side, heh. I would have caused some pretty nasty arguments over theology, I'm sure. And the frequency with which I skipped school would not have gone over that well.
Fundy sub-culture is just fascinating to me-like a moth to a flame!
The correct term for your shock is "facewash" BTW. That is to throw someone to the ground and rub their face in the snow. It's usually shocking enough to cause tears.
You forgot to mention her flippant attitude about southern hockey teams. Laughing down such important spiritual matters as that is the hallmark of liberalism. The psych-major thing just proved it beyond a doubt.
And yeah anyone who talks about science-except to say how it was one of the lamest subjects of an admitted bevy of lame subjects in school-could probably do with a little personality tweakage. Maybe not wholesale transplant-you have to be nasty and snarly and wonder what children would taste like with barbeque sauce before you get to that stage. Kind of like me.
A facewash is with SNOW, because that is how I have always used it. Don't question my cultural references.
You probably call bunnyhugs "hoodies" don't you?
I read your little parking lot point thing, and thought please. Who doesn't do that?
And you forgot people in wheelchairs.
For some reason that totally reminded me of this time a friend and myself followed this poor little kid around in the car. didn't do anything, just followed along behind him and scared the bejeebers out of him.
Am I evil, yes I am.
Remember that song? Okay you probably don't.
Following the kid was totally HIS idea! But I still laughed...actually it was my cousin driving now that I think about it, so it's her fault. That kid really rode his bike hard to get home though. Mwahahahah*cough*
Man we were horrible. I still can't believe that particular friend has a kid now. AHhhhhHHH! Well the woman he married was always pretty normal, maybe she can keep the damage to a minimum.
The song is Am I Evil by Metallica. I know many Metallica songs, just as my brother knows many Petra songs.
You know Leonard Cohen already cornered the market on musical narration.
Personally I think it would be cool if you did some crazy soundscape ala Lou Reed myself. Then you don't have to worry about how weird or evil you sound, because it's all the better. And you can be a total jerk too, that just makes you cool. YAY.
Okay maybe that was a little too mean.
Yes but Lou Reed made being a jerk COOL.
Post a Comment