Evidently, J's daughter no longer thinks I am an ogre. I arrived at their place Saturday evening and asked her, "Am I your favorite person in the world?" She responded in the affirmative. Ahhh, the fickleness of almost-four-year-olds.
I switched from gThumb to F-Spot for my photo workflow. It's probably not as good as Aperture or Lightroom, but at least it organizes them better than before. I have wondered why more programmers don't use SQLite in their applications. The backend in F-Spot is pretty fast, but the front-end, being written with Mono, is fairly slow.
At Char's behest, I include a couple pictures of my bookcases. The first is really Dad's, but I use it enough that I am going to claim it for my own. The bookcase has its own story I'll tell sometime. The rest are all mine. I didn't rotate the pictures so as to make the titles easier to read.
3 comments:
Man your best bookcase contents are totally your dad's. If he ever gets tired of them clogging up his house, media mail to Canada is not too expensive.
Some of those books (fat math ones) look like they would be great additions to the collections of baptists as Secret Holders of the JD When the Elder Comes Over. I'm thinking they must be textbooks, nu?
Okay, I really can't talk as we have many of those.
The featured book on the Christiana site remined me of the list you know you're not reformed if... I laughed so hard the first time I saw the one about popery.
I thought I had been working a lot, then I saw the price of some of those books. ;-O
Our copy of Mein Kampf is in English. Unfortunately I've never been able to do any better than English-and I just barely get by with that, though I did learn some French. I could get the words and their meanings fine, but the grammar of other languages is beyond me. It's like algebra. Bah.
I was thinking of the Kingdom of God when I made the title of my post, however I never claimed my post titles (or posts for that matter) were anything but lamo.
I would prefer to be a charmander as they are a much cuter stage, and I was actually called charmander by my family when my cousins were into pokemon. They always wanted me to draw pikachus for them and I'd tell them that meowth (from the cartoon) was better, which was incredibly frustrating to their six-year-old brains. I probably still have the meowth cards they gave me somewhere.
Okay that was completely irrelevant wasn't it. Feel free to ignore.
Oh your dad should move Seven Habits of Highly Effective People to a less esteemed bookcase.
Okay, Edwards and Pink and your Dad's books count for you.
Your strange belief that fantasy novels should also count for you makes me wonder what your score would be on this quiz.
Anything in the fantasy genre categorizes you as a nerd. Especially the two copies of Lord of the Rings.
Now the fact that I have read some of the Norse sagas and eddas from which those stories come (translations of course) I suppose makes me a supernerd. Well that and mama and I just pre-ordered the last Harry Potter and are very excited about reading it-although according to the quiz I am only a nerd wannabe. My lack of abilities in math save the day again.
Guess what-I've had the Hebrew for Christians site in my bookmarks for a while and had forgotten about it.
It made it possible for me to make formulations for certain projects, but not much better. I remember I was really trying for awhile when I was going to do Biblia Hebraica, now I can't read what I wrote in those pieces as I've forgotten it.
Post a Comment