While no one's watching, I'm blogging a bit at work. I've been working rather assiduously at getting a few things done today, and by the time I leave, I should have put out five or more kits—two of which required personal assistance at fixing bugs.
Other than dealing with personal issues, I have not done very much lately. I have held off on ordering the camera until I get some more important things done with my hard-earned cash; I plan on getting it soon, however.
I ordered The Lost Cabin and the Mystery Trees. (Some sound clips are on their myspace page.) I will probably also order Step on It, since I listen to the samples every day and generally would play it very often. So if you were looking for presents, make sure to let me know if you get the latter, since I'll probably get it soon.
I've also spent some time over the past couple days looking into trips to Nairobi, Kenya, where some of my relatives live. Hopefully a summer-time trip that can use my computer skills, not just a vacation. They're stationed there with AIM, and have said I'm on the short list of people they'd like to have come visit. Since I got my passport for China last year (which fell through), I figure this is a good consolation, especially since I have the money now. Naturally I'll have the camera well in hand before I go. My schedule is fairly flexible (very flexible, actually; I just have to avoid leaving during dan testing), so it's possible that I'd go somewhat later or even earlier. But a trip to do some good and see the sights seems like a real plan right now.
Other travel possibilities include a trip to Indonesia, this through work. We have a customer who's interested in some training; since no one else wants to guy, I'll probably be tapped if it comes together. We're trying to get them to come here instead. I'd personally much rather NOT go to Indonesia, given some of the recent turmoil and viral issues. But I'm sure I'd enjoy myself if I went. (Learning a few Malay and Swahili phrases is going to be fun.)
I've also slept quite a bit. It's helped to combat some of the various exhaustions of the past two weeks. I've had the week off karate until today, so I've had more time to rest; this is both a blessing and a curse.
The weather has been chillier. We have had periodic dustings of snow, but no real accumulation. Winter is late coming this year, for which I've been thankful. Hopefully it'll not take too long to pass.
In any case, the clock is ticking. I am alive, and more or less functioning. Thanks for the support—you all know who you are.
1 comment:
Its too bad we can't share our travels... I am sure it would make things much more interesting. :)
Post a Comment