Sunday, December 17, 2006

Y to the awn

So I was up early today in search of a certain product WIImanufactured by NintendoWII. Despite stretching the bounds of credibility (I was at Tar-zhay before 4AM), I was unable to obtain said WIIproductWII. I spent a few hours developing some camaraderie with fathers hoping to score one for their sons. We were fairly cold. I had thermal underwear, both pants and shirt, two pairs of socks, a sweater, hat, gloves, and jacket. My feet were the only things that really were cold at the end of the wait.

Management came out and told us they only had fifteen units—I had heard 50 from an employee previously. He was quite polite and answered questions firmly. After the Wal-mart scare of the 6th (when someone had to call 9-1-1 because of crowd hostility), I thought he did pretty well.

So, sadly, I will be Wii-less this Christmas—but that's ok.


As for the rest of the week, it was fairly typical, though work was very busy. I put in some overtime (of course, no one on salary actually puts in overtime) this week for a customer who was asking for a custom project. We'd budgeted some two weeks for it, and he paid us two weeks ago. So it's a little inconvenient, but we got an initial product for him to review out on Friday.

One of our customers also complained about our support this week, to which we told them, "You haven't paid us in full for it, so let us know about your problems as soon as you cut us a final check." Our Frenchman actually supported them better than they should've expected, and they were essentially asking us to change our software to correct for their poor product design. Oops.

I taught Monday and Wednesday, and then graded a test and was promoted Friday. I also sat in on a Dan testing for a friend of my instructor's on Saturday. So lots of kicking and punching this week. Ericka snapped a lot of pictures of promotions, a few of which follow:





So, all in all, a good week. I got some Christmas shopping done and cleaned the bathroom, even. And laundry. Up next is cleaning my room and car (at least the inside of it).

2 comments:

FireWithin said...

I'm so good to you. ;P

Sydira said...

You know...There's a Pinky and the Brain season 2 out. Maybe I could beat your mom to it this time. I'm just sayin' is all.