Tuesday, November 14, 2006

House Ton

Oh, wait, you mean that's spelled "Houston"? Who knew.

Blogging early due to my trip down south this week. This is the first time that Ohio State and scUM have met as #1 and #2. It's basically the national championship before the national championship, and should be a terrific game. I really hope OSU wins. I am going to be very nervous this week. I haven't hung up my sign ("Flush twice, it's a long way to Ann Arbor"), but I probably will soon.

Sunday I tweaked my back getting into the car. I think it was the culmination of a lot of things, actually—so I don't feel too badly about it. It has been tight, but nothing serious. Karate yesterday was interesting, insofar as I was able to do mostly everything, but not as fast or with quite the response time I was hoping. I was working with one rather out-of-sorts personality and got some good results, which is not often the case. He integrates very literally, so the instruction to step up in a one-step turns into the same motion in form. I'm going to have to come up with some different vocabulary soon to kind of partition things in his head.

Afterward a bunch of us all went to dinner. W treated us well (and treated Mom to some hot-and-sour soup on the house; I'll make it up in the next tip), as usual. A well-worn bag lady was in getting some food, and we chatted for a little while. She was not entirely lucid, though she had plenty to say. It took me away from the gang, though.

I got home late, slept in this morning, and managed to get a few things done at work. Reading is going smoothly, and I'll likely do more of it this evening. Though I am finding some of those calc problems more difficult than I should.

No comments: