and relaxation.
It has been a little while since a "real" update, though little enough has been going on. The week has been spent with strange enough weather—cool and overcast, with little rain, though pitter-patter drops are falling as I write this.
I have gotten a new Driver's License and will shortly find out if I am permitted to renew my registration online. One hopes, otherwise I will be forced to carpool to karate on Thursday. The bank has been predictably slow in transferring the title. I certainly would have saved much time and money (and headaches) if I'd paid it off in a go when I could.
Getting the license was a pain-and-a-half. The DMV opens at 8:30; I arrived about 9:00, and there were 50 people ahead of me in line. So I read for about four hours. I finished The Black Rood yesterday afternoon and have just witnessed, through the eyes of Tolkien, the great battle between the hordes of Mordor and the smaller hordes of Gondor. Worthy quotations.
The latest blog on the roll (to the side) is Penguins and Pink Boots, which details adventures in Antarctica. The pictures and stories are all pretty cool. While I don't think I'd want to live there for any real amount of time, it'd be sweet (and by sweet, I mean Totally Awesome) to visit. Especially since the trip would take me through Christschurch, New Zealand. How's that for a trip?
Yesterday evening was a jaunt to J and L's to watch a game of Cranium, play a bit of Apples to Apples, and win my first-round-ever of Mario Kart. My skillz in video games have sorely depreciated, though I expect them to improve once I purchase myself a Nintendo Wii. Thereupon it was time to go home and sleep.
The weather has kept me from doing much Dremeling, though I assure you all it's a fun toy. I have spent some of my other free time working with Inkscape and trying to dork out my Graph library. Divided interests do not often bring swift project resolution, however. But at least I am always interested in exactly what I am doing.
Church has been interesting; he is at least honest about his persuasions, and sticks to text even if his exposition is much too rapid for my taste. In this case, the "heresies" are obvious and admitted, so at least there is something to disagree with rather than the run-of-the-mill boredom that pervades my other experience.
And with that, I fear I must heed the call of laundry, screaming from the enclosed darkness of the washer, hastening to be shoved unceremoniously into the burning bowels of the dryer. I imagine it shall proceed without all of the linguistic theatrics of that last sentence.
1 comment:
Thanks for the link to the real ultimate power site. I had to click the "little baby" link just to see where it would go-HA! Well, that made my day.
Hope you are having fun with the dremel.
Post a Comment