Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Blue skys

and white clouds.

The weather for August really has been phenomenal. I'm sure we'll crest out at 90 sometime in November (hopefully not for The Game), just because the weather can be weird that way, but I have truly enjoyed the lack of humidity lately. My prime temperature range is about 40 in the morning (brisk enough to wake you up) and 75 in the mid-afternoon. Though I have a regular air conditioner in my car, I usually use the 4/40 type (four windows down, forty miles an hour), and this weather has been perfect for it.

I have been steadily busier at work lately. We recently released a beta version of our software, and I am putting together another release of a second product this week. In addition to putting out the standard run of pre-releases, bug fixes, & c., I am working on a custom project and just updated some toolkits.


Some hours have passed between paragraphs, heralding the completion of an essay for the karate newsletter, heavily modified from the first draft and a lengthy phone conversation in which I was dubbed "Mr Purity." (Someone obviously doesn't know me that well.)

I have finished half of Lord of the Rings and have in queue the last two books of Lawhead's Celtic Crusades. At some point, I want to pick up Patrick as well (seeing as how Byzantium—which profiled St Aidan—was so good). But one can only ingest so much at once. It has been awhile since I could read for pleasure, and I'm enjoying it to the fullest.

Productivity feels good. It's nice to be busy, both with work and with hobbies. These were some of the days I had hoped for when I was in school, the fairy tale of sorts M and I would share over frisbee and soccer (that's football for the internationals). The hardest parts of my day are usually remembering to pay bills. And that's not too difficult when you live at home.

2 comments:

Char said...

It doesn't look like I could use silane for art. Too bad. As my creative mantra goes, all the best art supplies must be deadly poisons.

4/40-haha

My dad loved the historic fiction of Edward Rutherford, have you read him? His works are very detailed, the larger and more detailed a book was, the more dad liked it, heheh. :)

As for blogger censoring your comments, are you sure it's not your settings? I've never noticed this over at Pyros and "Jesus Freak" appears in full in your comment at my blog. Weird.

FireWithin said...

I am glad you are so happy now.