There is not much to say. The folks are in Portland, attending a cousin's wedding. I have spent the weekend attempting to be semi-productive. To that end, I have gotten a hair-cut, replaced a keyboard for the folks, and doing some laundry. Visited a new church today, too, which was okay. Again, no overt heresies, very nice people. Probably worth a second visit, actually.
Other than that, it's been a few hours of civilization, a few movies, and hoping that I haven't lost too much of my edge for the test in a couple weeks. D sprained his ankle on my watch last week, which was somewhat disconcerting. But on the upswing, I found a fellow Buckeye there (E--he was there in Chemistry when Dad was finishing his phid).
Spent the evening at J's (I know too many people with names that start with J) Friday evening; the new wall is pretty amazing. D and I discovered we have a very similar design style--and not surprisingly, J also. The back wall is done in tile (one foot squared apiece, separated with inch grout) with some very Japanese-style shelving--small, plain, and unobtrusive. Add some indirect lighting (settled behind the couch, of course) and it'll offset things just fine.
We saw Return of the King, and I think I extracted promises from J (J's wife :-P) and D to read the series next summer. D is not a fantasy person, but I think he'll enjoy the books. I could gab about them for awhile, and have done so on several occasions, because they are phenomenal. Fellowship (the movie) was the best of the three productions without question, so I was slightly disappointed by the movie choice. But we were able to spend some time talking and passed it well. GE was a ball of energy, as usual, and on a Finding Nemo kick (Monster's Inc. was much, much better).
So it was an enjoyable evening, if slightly lonely. Good therapy for all concerned, I'm sure, though.
1 comment:
wish I could have helped
Post a Comment