This made me laugh pretty hard. I remember a time when Scott Adams (Dilbert creator) took a week's vacation and had his cartoonist friends do his strip. That was pretty hilarious. Bill Amend jabs at a couple people now and again, too—all in good natured fun, no worries.
There isn't much else to report. Several local creeks and rivers flooded, which left me in a bad way trying to teach karate last Wednesday. It took me three hours to get there (the drive is usually about half an hour, forty minutes max), and when I arrived, my key wouldn't fit in the lock. I've had some trouble with it before, but this time it wouldn't even go in. Fortunately, the floods also kept most of the students away; one showed up while I was there, and I had to turn him away. (Fortunately, his mom was there, too.) That was kind of disappointing.
I slipped into the local Chinese place and got some food and relaxed for a little while. At least I didn't run out of gas or get in any accidents. Traffic was amazing. (In a bad way.) Fortunately, going home was much smoother, as I took main roads that had less traffic on them.
And we had pizza at work on Friday. Evidently, the boss has heard rumors that former employees are light-heartedly trying to convince current employees that the grass really is greener on the other side. So he sponsored a lunch. It was good. And I got paid, too; I'm going to have to find something good to do with the money—I'm kind of saving for a house, I guess, but I don't know when that will ever happen.
Er returns tomorrow morning at 2. I doubt I'll be awake for that. But I have the 3rd and 4th off for Independence Day.
I also need to convey my belated congratulations to Rod "Bit of Love" Brind'amour for his first Stanley Cup. Good show, Oilers, but you'll be back again next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment