Friday, June 23, 2006

It's June 23d; Do you Know Where Your Children Are?

I have been very busy. In fact, I'm still busy and kind of working on borrowed time at the moment, listening to the Narnia soundtrack and waiting for Dapper Drake to install on my Dad's old Dell Latitude. The sis will be taking it back with her to Buckeye Country, where she will use it to good effect, I trust. Perhaps I shall blog about the experience on my public blog later.

I have also been working and karate-ing a lot lately. Thursday was the first day at home for me, really; I spent all of Monday through Wednesday at work and karate. Tuesday was a long day because I was building a new release for some customers. That went well, thank goodness, but it took me a long time to get it done. Our builds take awhile, and the procedure is poorly documented. We also support (theoretically) about ten different platforms and architectures. It should be as simple as running a few commands to get it done, but it isn't. This is a particularly frustrating situation for me, because I'd like to fix it. But I have other work to do, so I can't do that very easily.

Karate has gone well. I've covered the last month or so of Wednesdays because MC's house is undergoing a bit of an overhaul courtesy some volunteer work by S, who usually teaches. (MC is a self-proclaimed white-belt at anything mechanical, so he often gets some of his students to volunteer for DIY projects at his home.) This has mostly gone okay, and people have been pleased to have me there. I run a harder workout than we have had in the past, which has met with rave reviews.

Unfortunately, I am not getting in quite as good of shape as I need to be. So I'm contemplating biking to work. I hope that pans out, though it will take quite a bit of extra motivation on my part to make it happen. We'll see where it goes—hopefully I won't be too tired to get anything done.

Er has been in China for a few days now, with the occasional text to tell me that she is alive, but feeling rather miserable; her IBS has flared up something fierce, I imagine. (Yes, I just said, "something fierce.") I am very disappointed that I wasn't able to go. I don't believe I'll have another chance anytime soon, though my boss might send me to Tokyo for a conference if I am particularly awesome and he is willing to spend the money.

So the next couple weeks will be Er-less, and I will still probably be busy as all get out. That's all right with me, though I miss Er. But we needed the break, I think.

Installation is almost done, so I must bid my anxious fans adieu again. If you haven't, do yourself a favor and read Chaucer's blog. His interview with, uh, Paris Hilton, is hilarious.

1 comment:

Sydira said...

IF you are awesome?! When does this ever not happen? So in short, get me something cool from Tokyo.