Saturday, April 22, 2006

To clarify...

... I haven't had any second thoughts about my decisions. For some reason, I get the feeling that certain parties think I should be somewhat more torn up.

Things I'll Miss

  • The security guard who calls me "Philly."
  • Having cool roommates.
  • My cool co-workers.
  • Cubic's family-like atmosphere.
  • Having a catchy tagline for the work I do ("I make laser-tag for the military").
  • And, just a little, proximity to Disney.


Things I Won't Miss

  • Being so far away from Ericka, family, and friends.
  • Sharing a bathroom with said roommates.
  • House rules about eating food in my room.
  • Job pressures due to layoffs.
  • Waiting to order cool stuff because my living arrangements are all out of whack.
  • Ridiculously bad drivers who signal roughly 25% of the time, and never when necessary.
  • Retarded weather without any change of seasons.


What I'm Looking Forward To

  • Finally having consistent time with my girlfriend after almost three years.
  • Getting to know girlfriend's family, finally.
  • Teaching karate again (3d dan, here I come).
  • Reconnecting with some high school buddies (Saxton, Chuck, Jess, I'll see you soon).
  • Convincing other people to move back (Ross, please?).
  • Shorter commute to work, at least for a couple months.
  • Social life?
  • Getting to know my twin-separated-at-birth Josh.


It really is not a hard decision to move back. I'm excited, and I honestly wish I had just given them a single week's notice—but that would've been cruel, and I'm trying to be nicer lately. The time away was necessary to grow, to learn, and to be on my own, to get to know what it would be like and how I needed to change. And it seems I'm being led another direction, as usual.

I went to bed early last night—around 5:30. I woke up at 10:45 and got back to sleep around 1:30. I decided to listen to all of my Petra albums (at least a couple people who read this won't groan, so I figure it's okay) in alphabetical order. It's good that Back to the Street was the first—there were good reminders there ("You are I Am," "Whole World," and "Another Crossroads," especially).

I am ready to go. I just need to pack.

3 comments:

FireWithin said...

I wont miss not being able to sleep over. not that I will able to sleep over when you move home... but thats a little different. kisses.

Sydira said...

I don't know your security guard, but the fact that he calls you Philly makes me love him. Give him a hug for me. You know, in a manly sort of way.

mem said...

Haha. He really was one of the cooler parts of the day. He was actually from Erie. We made our acquaintance when he noticed my license plate (still PA at the time) and asked about where I was from, & c. Very cool guy. The other security guards are pretty word, too.