Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Work

The next news-worthy item, in point of time, is how I pay bills. At the moment, I guess I'm not really. I do have a job offer from Cubic Defense Applications. It looks like it would be pretty sweet--good pay, good experience, nice benefits, enjoyable working environment, responsive management, and so on. But it's in Orlando, Florida.

That's a bit of a way, but I'm still seriously considering the move. Ericka has accepted a teaching job here, though isn't under contract at the moment...so it's possible that she would renegotiate to be a permanent sub on lease until some time in January, and then she would make the trek down. The personal strain would probably be inconvenient, though, so I'm investigating a couple of other options while I can.

One of these is at Drexel, where I'd help to maintain their Math Forum. I don't know if it's worth the city tax or not, but maybe something would arise from it. And I've also investigated a couple contract options, though it doesn't appear at the moment like they are going to pan out.

I have until Thursday to decide about Florida, so I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

Until then, I remain most devotedly yours,

E

No comments: